See the amazing Great Barrier Reef on the 3 day Ocean Quest Liveaboard Trip!
There is no better way than to see the Great Barrier Reef than on an overnight trip where you can snorkel or dive at your leisure for an amazing three days and two nights
Our 3 day Ocean Quest Liveaboard Trip provides the perfect platform for snorkellers and divers alike to experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, right off the coast of Cairns With three amazing days to explore the reef, you'll get the chance to do up to 11 snorkels or dives during your time with us, with plenty of time left over the relax, kick back and enjoy the beautiful views of the reef. The trip features great dive and snorkelling locations, as well as meals and an adventure of a lifetime! You will get to swim, snorkel and dive with the reef's exotic marine life and see the beautiful corals and reefs up close! Keen divers are able to complete PADI courses on board with our amazing dive team, gaining certification and night dives as part of your three day trip.
The 3 day Ocean Quest Liveaboard Trip Features:
- Cairns city transfers
- See the marine life up close
- All quality diving and snorkelling equipment, including wetsuits and dive computer
- All meals included
- Spacious rooms with large bathrooms and windows
- Amazing views and spacious decks for relaxing
- Onboard bar
- Friendly and fun staff
- Perscription masks if needed (deposit required)
- Free use of wetsuits and stingersuits
- Digital camera hire
- Souveniors for purchase to remember your trip
- Certified divers have the opportunity to do night dives
- 2 Cell torch hire for night dive
- Air fills
- Bed linen
- Fresh showers after a big day in the water
- Extra costs: $60 AUD reef tax & fuel levyScuba diving
Guests can take advantage of up to 11 dives during their 3 day, 2 night trip with OceanQuest. Our trip is designed around scuba diving, and welcomes both introductory and certified divers to explore the Outer Great Barrier Reef. We also offer divers the chance to complete their PADi course while on board! Please enquire at time of bookign. OceanQuest has high quality equipment and awesome instructors to guide you on your way as you explore the coral gardens below.
Snorkllers are welcome on board OceanQuest to explore the reefs and oceans surrounding your during your two night tour. With shallow reefs and bommies littering the ocean floor, you'll be able to see the marine life up close as you snorkel around. Guests have plenty of time to do as much snorkelling as they'd like, while taking your extra time to relax on deck, taking in the sights of the reef.
Sharks in the Dark
OceanQuest offers this amazing experience to certified divers to dive with reef sharks by moonlight! Intro divers and snorkellers can join in the on the fun by hanging out on the back deck with their faces in the water to see the sharks for themselves without getting in the water. This unique experience gives divers and guests the chance to see these amazing creatures up close to a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Fluorescent diving is one of OceanQuests most unique and special experiences. For an additional cost, certified divers can see the reef as they never have before - while glowing and alight! Special masks and lights are used for you to see the underwater world in a whole new way. This in an experience you must see for yourself! Please note guests much have previously completed a night dive elsewhere or with us in order to take part.
Day 1 - Four dives
At 7:30am you will be picked up from your city accommodation
Board our fast modern transfer boat at 8:30am for 90 minute transfer to Outer Barrier Reef
Take part in up to two dives or snorkels before transferring to our liveaboard boat at 2:30pm
Enjoy one afternoon dive before heading back on board for a delicous dinner
Certified divers can take part in a night dive, while snorkellers can enjoy the Sharks After Dark experience
All meals, fresh water, tea and coffee are provided on board all day
Day 2 - Five dives
Rise early to take part in a sunrise dive or snorkel at 6:00am before getting back on board for a delicous breakfast!
Do two dives or snorkels in the morning at 9:00am and 11:00am
Once back on board, you'll enjoy lunch and relaxing in your free time before heading back to the water for an afternoon dive
Join the crew for a filling dinner and do your final dive of the day. Certified divers can take part in a floro dive or Sharks After Dark!
Day 3 - Three dives
For your final day, you'll do a dive or snorkel after things in the morning before eating your final breakfast with your friends, family and crew!
Do two more dives in the morning after you've eaten, before grabbing some lunch and heading to the transfer boat at 2:30pm.
Arrive back in Cairns at 4:30pm.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
BCD, regulator, dive computer, mask, snorkel, full foot fins, 5mm Short arm/leg wetsuit
CERTIFIED DIVERS - Please remember to bring your dive card. If you do not you may be required to sign a 'Statutory Declration' and dive with an Instructor on your first dive which will cost an extra $15.00 Open date tickets (subject to availability)
Cairns city transfers, all quality diving and snorkelling equipment, including wetsuits and dive computer, 2 Cell torch hire for night dive, all meals whilst on board, tea, coffee and chilled water all day, air fills, bed linen, fresh showers
- Reef and Port Authority charge (includes $3.50 EMC, $16.50 fuel levy, Port & Administration Charges, GST) per day, camera/video hire, soft drinks, alcohol, snacks.
- Extra costs: $60 AUD reef tax & fuel levy
- Digital Camera Hire
- Bar Purchase (Snacks & Beverages)
- Prescription Masks
- Dive Guide ($15 per person, per dive)
For scuba diving, please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you may require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the trip. If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.