The biggest, baddest boat in The Whitsundays, check out why everyone is talking about “The Clipper!”
Atlantic Clipper is an urban legend up and down The East Coast of Australia - but just why is it the most popular backpacker boat in The Whitsundays?
Is it the spa and waterslide? Maybe. Is it the dashing crew? Perhaps! Find out for yourself on this two day/two night sailing trip – ask us on LiveChat right now for our super special rate!
Atlantic Clipper is a hit for travellers between 18-30, and sometimes even the occasional “young at heart” passenger. If you are not a social butterfly and would like a quieter trip, this is not the boat trip for you – as nightly group activities and an social nights are encouraged! Built in England in the early 1980’s, Clipper originally operated trips between London and the Caribbean. An extensive refit to carry passengers got underway and eventually she made her way to Australian waters, venturing into the charter market. Clipper has gone on to be the “wild child” and pride and joy of True Blue Sailing, operating three overnight sailing tours every week in The Whitsunday Islands. This is a boat that is easily recognisable, and has often been the topic of conversation in many a hostel further south – “Ohhhh, you did The Clipper!? Me too!”
This monster vessel is a whopping 140ft and carries up to 53 guests per trip over three levels. It actually has the most space per person per square metre than any other boat in our region, with cabins sleeping a maximum of four people per room. Each room and the saloon is also air conditioned, so there is no sweltering for anyone on the lower levels! Clipper also features eight hot and cold showers, six separate toilets, an eight metre water slide, and a spa which fits up to twelve people - so there is plenty of room for everyone on board!
Clipper departs Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 1:00pm (varying slightly depending on tides) and returning at 11:30am (also may vary) on Thursdays, Saturdays and Mondays.
Inclusions on this vessel:
- All marine park fees and taxes
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All snorkelling equipment and wetsuits/stinger suits
- A hands on sailing experience
- All bed linen and blankets
- Use of the heated spa
- Use of the eight metre water slide
- Share single bunk (dorm style)
- Share double bunk (dorm style, twin share)
- Private twin cabin (twin share, two single beds)
- Private double cabin (twin share, one double bed)
- Quad share cabin (please request this at time of booking, sole use four people)
Atlantic Clipper has two diving instructors on every trip along with complete sets of dive gear – so no need to meet with another vessel for a rendevouz dive! This activity is available to first timers or certified divers. All can be booked and paid for directly on board Atlantic Clipper, and rates are as following:
- 1st Dive - $60
- 2nd Dive - $50
Tea and coffee
Selection of breads
Selection of honey, jam marmalade, vegemite and peanut butter
Tropical fresh fruit platters
Toasted muesli, cornflakes
Selection of cold meats
Homemade pesto pasta salad
Tuna and sweet corn salad
Selection of cheeses and crackers
Fresh baked crusty rolls and wraps
Dinner - Day One
Oven baked hake served with herb and lemon dressing on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes
Homemade crunchy coleslaw
Fresh Aussie damper and rolls
Dinner - Day Two
Papa Steve’s famous Spaghetti Bolognaise, cheese and a crunchy salad
Freshly made garlic bread
Aussie hot dogs with cheddar cheese and onions
Chips, dips and cheeses
Please this is a sample of menu and is subject to change and amendments. Dietary requirements can be accommodated if we are notified at the time of booking.
Are you bold and brave enough for Atlantic Clipper? This boat fills weeks in advance, so contact us on 1800 550 751 to check availability and get the latest rates!
What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). A zipless souvenir bag can be purchased at the boat's check-in office for a few dollars. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal) and cash/card for on board purchases. Feel free to bring on board a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire and snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
*Please note Atlantic Clipper departs between 11:45pm & 2:15pm depending on the tide
$50pp upgrade surcharge for twin/double cabins to pay on check-in. BYO alcohol (no glass) and scuba diving. Soft drinks available for purchase on board.
Jet boat rides and banana boat rides can be purchased at an additional cost. These optional extras can be decided on and paid for on board:
- Jet boat ride is $35pp
- Banana boat ride is $20pp
The Clipper offers onboard scuba diving for both certified divers and those without experience/qualification. All diving can be decided on and paid for on board.
- 1st dive is $60
- 2nd dive is $50
*Please Note: Diving is temporarily suspended on Atlantic Clipper. We are currently waiting to confirm return dates with the operators, thank you for your patience.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they will require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations made result in 25% cancellation fee of the recommended retail price (RRP), not discounted or sale prices. Any cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.