The best value reef trip in Cairns!
- Go on an amazing adventure where you will enjoy an action-packed day on the Great Barrier Reef
- Cruise in air-conditioned comfort
- Explore two different reefs on Hastings Reef, Breaking Patches or Jorgensen Patch and enjoy the best of the Great Barrier Reef
- Awesome extras such as scuba diving and glass bottom boat tour!
Join Compass Cruises for the best value budget reef adventure in Cairns. Departing from Cairns Marlin Jetty, you will be whisked away to the awe-inspiring and famous Great Barrier Reef, where you will enjoy snorkelling amongst colourful coral reefs and abundant marine life, in two fantastic locations. With the choice of additional activities such as scuba diving and the popular glass bottom boat tour on board, you have the choice of the basic package or tailoring the day to whatever suits you best. Compass Cruises provide an excellent day out on the water for all!
- Two spectacular Reef locations
- Snorkelling equipment (excluding wetsuit)
- Scuba diving demonstration
- 5 hours at the Outer Reef
- Delicious BBQ lunch
- Boomnetting - the wild ride!!
- Helpful & experienced crew
- Complimentary tea & coffee
- Wine and cheese on return trip
- Reef Tax Included
So if you don't want to miss out on your once in a lifetime opportunity to see the splendour of the Great Barrier Reef, no matter what your budget, book Compass Cruises today!
Snorkelling is a great way for everyone to experience the Great Barrier Reef! During your day trip, you can hop in the water right off the back of the boat and explore the colourful reefs that wait below! Keep an eye out for amazing reef species such as tropical fish, sea stars, sea cucumbers, giant clams, stingrays and more as you swim around. You might even be lucky enough to encounter sea turtles, dolphins, or even whales during whale season. The diverse reefs offer one of the best places in the world to snorkel to appreciate the beauty of the underwater world. Even first-time snorkellers can enjoy the water, as our crew members are happy to guide you into the water and teach you the tips and tricks of enjoying snorkelling. Buoyancy aids are available to non-swimmers, ensuring you will feel safe and comfortable during your snorkelling adventure.
Both introductory and certified divers can look forward to a day of scuba diving with Compass Cruises! Whether you’re a first-timer or someone with a lot of experience, we can offer you a great way to experience the Great Barrier Reef. Divers will get to descend beneath the waves where they can swim among the fish and along the coral gardens and bommies to experience what life on the reef is like! First-time and introductory divers will be carefully guided by one of our experienced instructors, ensuring your safety and peace of mind as you explore. All gear and tuition are included in the dive price.
Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Glass bottom boat
We offer glass bottom boat tours which will give you the chance to see the reef in a whole new way, without getting wet! Sit comfortably above the water line with a view into the reef below as you slowly cruise around above. You will get to enjoy a stunning insight into the lives of the coral and fish that live below, all while you relax and enjoy the other sights and sounds offered above the water!
Boom netting is a fun activity that puts us one step above the rest! Hang on for the ride of your life as we tow you along behind the boat attached to a giant cargo net!
We choose two locations each day which are dependent on the weather and tides to ensure you get to enjoy the best conditions possible as you snorkel, scuba dive and swim! We choose from reefs found on Breaking Patches, Hastings Reef and Jorgensen Patch, all of which have their own unique reefs and seascapes for you to explore.
Breaking Patches: Breaking Patches is found west of Michaelmas Cay and is known for its soft corals and sandy patches, which are a great place for spotting reef sharks and rays! It’s a great place to duck-diving as the coral gardens are quite shallow, sitting in about 14m of water.
Hastings Reef: Hastings Reef is found on the Outer Reef and is a patch reef, shaped like a horseshoe! Parts of the reef sit in only 1-3m of water (dependent on the tide) giving you a detailed look into the underwater world. Due to the shape and structure of the reef and reef wall, you will get to see both small fish and larger predatory species, which are often found hiding in cracks on the reef wall.
Jorgensen Patch: Jorgensen Patch has diverse reef structures including walls, gullies, small caves, overhangs and swim-throughs where you can observe fish and corals up close. It also offers plenty of sandy patches, where you can keep an eye out for sea cucumbers, rays, sharks and more!
- Certified or resort scuba diving (no experience necessary): 1 or 2 dives available
- Guided dives for certified divers
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Bus transfers from the accommodation, in Cairns
- Wetsuit hire
- Prescription mask if required
- Fully licensed bar serving soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol and souvenirs
- Please note divers may be subject to a medical questionnaire before they are able to dive. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
- Glass bottom boat tours are weather permitting and is at your own cost
- Boomnetting is weather permitting
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases
- Warm sweater (for colder months)
- Proof of certification if a certified diver
- 2 Spectacular Reef Locations
- All snorkelling equipment (excluding Wet suit)
- Flotation devices
- Stinger Suits (During stinger season November to May)
- Friendly crew assistance for non-confident swimmers
- Up to 5 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Delicious BBQ lunch with fresh salads made daily and bread rolls(dietary requirements catered for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and food allergies)
- Boom netting “The Wild Ride” (subject to weather conditions)
- Fresh fruit platters
- Tea and coffee all day (whilst vessel is stationary)
- Glass of wine and crackers on return journey
- Government Reef Taxes and Levies Included
- Scuba Dives (12+)
- $55 - 1 Cert Dive
- $65 - 1 Intro Dive
- $100 - 2 Cert Dives
- $115 - 2 Intro Dives
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Bus Transfers
- $12 Cairns City Return
- $22 Northern Beaches
- $10 Prescription Mask Hire
- $59 Underwater Camera
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft Drink, Chocolate, Chips, Alcohol etc
- $5 Wetsuit Hire (Warmth and flotation)
Please note divers may be subject to a medical questionnaire before they are able to dive. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 50% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 30 Days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
A minimum of 72 hours is required to re-schedule or alter reservation
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.