This 2 day adventure will have you venturing to all of the highlights on Fraser with the comforts of a self-drive 4 wheel drive!
Dingo Fraser 2 day/1 night self-drive tour offers travellers THE fun-filled adventure on this exciting sand island. With friendly, knowledgeable guided, dorm accommodation and a fun itinerary, this is a great pick for travellers wanting a budget option which doesn't miss a thing.
2 Day/ 1 Night Fraser Dingo Tag Along Adventure takes you on an amazing experience around Fraser Island, to some of its highlight destinations and sights. That's right you will have the opportunity to see Central Station, Lake McKenzie and Wanggoolba Creek and more, with the exciting chance to self drive on the world-famous sand island! And, accommodation at the Wilderness Lodge and meals provided along the way.
2 Day/ 1 Night Fraser Dingo Tag Along Adventure Features:
- Jeep Cherokee 4WDs as your vehicle!
- Dorm accommodation, plus Beach Bar and pool at Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Island
- No off-road driving experience necessary
- Hot showers and comfortable accommodation
- All cooking equipment and food included
- Return barge transfers included
- Free pick up from your accommodation in Hervey Bay
- Food shop with the group on the morning of departure
- Thorough safety briefing
- Experienced guides
Don't miss out on your adventure of a lifetime at this amazing location in the world - book with us today.
Travel to Kingfisher Bay by ferry to begin your 4 wheel-drive adventure and hear some fascinating facts from your guide.
The first stop on the trip is Basin Lake where you can marvel at this freshwater dune lake and have a swim!
Next stop is Central Station and Wangoollba Creek which is an amazing bushwalk through the tropical rainforest.
The group will then head to Pile Valley and Lake McKenzie where you can relax and swim.
The day will wrap up as you head to Wilderness Lodge where you will enjoy a buffet dinner, and some socialising at the Dingo bar.
An early start before you start your journey down the famous Seventy-Five Mile beach, stopping at Eli Creek along the way for a dip.
The next stop on the itinerary is the amazing Maheno Shipwreck which has been on the beach for many years as your guide explains.
Then get ready to see the Pinnacles Coloured Sands where you can photograph the sand-cliffs!
The journey continues to Indian Head which is an amazing view from the headland lookout for spotting rays, sharks and even migrating Humpback Whales (Jul-Nov).
After soaking in this view, experience the bubbling waters of Champagne Pools before returning to Wilderness Lodge late that afternoon where you can enjoy the resort before dinner and departure back to Hervey Bay.
Please note, drivers must be 21 years or over!
There is an extra $25 for food and fuel Levy (payable onboard)
Depart: free pick up from 7.30am from your accommodation within Hervey Bay
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4941 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Hat, sunnies, sunscreen
- Re-usable water bottle
- Little backpack with clothes for 2 days, toiletries, swimmers and towel
- Sleeping Bag essential (or hire a sleep tight pack for $15, includes a tote bag to keep!)
- Bluetooth speaker, camera, phone charger
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- Guided 4WD Adventure with Eco Certified tourism operator Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures
- Barge transfers and all required permits
- The opportunity to drive an automatic 4WD on Fraser Island
- Driving is optional, come along as a passenger and enjoy the ride
- Free pick up from selected locations within Hervey Bay (for the non-drivers only)
- Free car parking for your own vehicle at our office while you are away
- Accommodation on Fraser Island
- Food (all main meals and some snacks)
- Volunteers on site to help out with cooking and cleaning
- See the best Fraser Island has to offer!
- All meals and some snacks
- Must provide own sleeping bag or hire a sleeping bag for $15.00. This is payable direct to the operator
- You must be 18 to go on this tour
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license (automatic transmission)
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures. Our guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger's safety and comfort
- You will be stopping by the shops at 9:00am the morning of departure if you wish to buy alcohol or snacks.
- You can bring on the tour only a small backpack, there is not enough space on the vehicles to bring suitcases/travel backpacks! Luggage storage available for $10.
- If less than two vehicles on the tour, the lead guide is the only person legally allowed to drive the vehicle.
- Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
- Minimum numbers are required for the tour to depart.
Terms and Conditions
Please note this tour may not be suitable if you have existing neck or back problems or are pregnant. Check with your agent to make sure this tour is suitable for you.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.