Ocean Quest's 2 day 1 night liveaboard trip is a unique way to experience the beautiful Great Barrier Reef for an immersive and fun overnight trip!
Wake up and spend the day on the Great Barrier Reef for an unforgettable experience unlike anything you've ever done. Spend your days snorkelling or scuba diving with OceanQuest, where adventure and excitement are guaranteed!
The 2 Day Ocean Quest Liveaboard Trip is the ideal trip for snorkellers and divers who are seeking to explore the Great Barrier Reef at unique locations for a chance to see the Outer Reef up close for a personal and amazing experience. For two days and one night, OceanQuest gives guest the chance to stay on the Outer Reef as they explore its depths for snorkelling or diving, take the opportunity to complete PADI scuba courses or scuba refreshers!
As part of one of the oldest diving companies in Cairns, Ocean Quest is one of the most renowned dive operators around, and is a great place to perfect your diving and snorkelling techniques on one of the most beautiful reefs in the world. Our staff is trained to help even the most wary diver feel comfortable in the water and will ensure you enjoy your time with us on the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
OceanQuest not only has a top notch diving team, but is also host to large rooms, an onboard bar and large sundecks to make your trip and relaxing and comfortable one. You'll enjoy delicious food prepared fresh on board by our chef and your own room with ensuite. OceanQuest is the perfect place from which to enjoy your Reef Adventure, with all the comforts at home but with a stellar view of the ocean around you! We offer three types of rooms, with a double share, a twin share and a quad share, all with their own bathroom and window looking out onto the reef and horizons, you'll find something suitable for every type of traveller.
2 Day Ocean Quest Liveaboard Trip Features:
- Underwater adventures with beautiful and diverse marine life
- All quality diving and snorkelling equipment*, including wetsuits and dive computer
- Choose to either snorkel or scuba dive
- Sizable rooms with large window and ensuite bathroom
- Onboard bar
- Lounging area and sun chairs
- 2 cell torch hire for night dive
- All meals provided
- Shark in the Dark experience for certified divers
- Air fills included
- Bed linen and fresh showers
- Complete PADI course on board
- Cairns city hotel and hostel pick-ups included
- EXTRA $40 Reef Tax & Levy
Guests can take advantage of up to seven dives during their 2 day, 1 night stay on board OceanQuest. Explore the Outer Reef as a introductory or certified diver, with the chance to complete your PADI course while on board. OceanQuest has high quality equipment and awesome instructors to guide you on your way as you explore the coral gardens below.
OceanQuest is also a snorkellers haven, with the chance to spend two full days snorkelling in the Outer Great Barrier Reef. With shallow reefs and bommies littering the ocean floor, you'll be able to see the marine life up close as you snorkel around. Keep a close eye out for clownfish, reef sharks and stingrays as you circle above.
Sharks in the Dark
OceanQuest offers this amazing experience to certified divers to dive with reef sharks by moonlight! Intro divers and snorkellers can join in the on the fun by hanging out on the back deck with their faces in the water to see the sharks for themselves without getting in the water. This unique experience gives divers and guests the chance to see these amazing creatures up close to a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Fluorescent diving is one of OceanQuests most unique and special experiences. For an additional cost, certified divers can see the reef as they never have before - while glowing and alight! Special masks and lights are used for you to see the underwater world in a whole new way. This in an experience you must see for yourself! Please note guests much have previously completed a night dive elsewhere or with us in order to take part.
Day 1 - Four Dives
7:30am: Pick up from your city accommodation
Board our fast modern transfer boat at 8:30 for 90 minute transfer to Outer Barrier Reef
Once on board, you'll be fitted and briefed on your equipment
While on the transfer vessel, you'll enjoy 2 dives or snorkels before transferring to our live aboard vessel at 2:30pm
Once on board, you'll get to do an afternoon dive and night dive (if certified)
All meals, tea, coffee and fresh water provided
Day 2 - Three Dives
Wake up early for a sunrise dive around 6am before enjoying breakfast on board
In the early morning you'll enjoy 2 more dives at around 9:00am and 10:00am
Enjoy lunch and free time before heading back to shore on the transfer vessel at about 3:00pm
Return to your accommodation approximately 5:00pm
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751
What To Bring
Hat , towel, swimsuit, sunscreen and sunglasses.
CERTIFIED DIVERS - Please remember to bring your dive card. If you do not you may be required to sign a 'Statutory Declaration' and dive with an Instructor on your first dive which will cost an extra $15.00
- Cairns city transfers from hostels and hotels (Transfers from the Northern Beaches $20.00)
- all quality diving and snorkelling equipment (BCD, regulator, dive computer, mask, snorkel, full foot fins, 5mm Short arm/leg wetsuit)
- 2 Cell torch hire for night dive
- all meals whilst on board
- tea, coffee and chilled water all day
- bed linen
Digital camera hire, bar purchase (snacks, beverages), dive guide ($15 per person, per dive), prescription masks.
Extra costs: $40 AUD reef tax & fuel levy.
For scuba diving, please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you may require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
Terms and Conditions
Departs: Cairns. Open date tickets (subject to availability) please give 7 days notice to book Ph: 07 4046 7333 or from outside AU: +61 7 4046 7333.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the trip. If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.