Stay and play with the Overnight Reef Encounter for as little or as long as you like!
With stylish accommodation, exciting onboard features and of opportunities to snorkel and scuba dive, this is the perfect choice for someone seeking a genuine Great Barrier Reef experience.
Want a true Outer Great Barrier Reef experience? Stay there for the night with Overnight Reef Encounter. This 35 metre catamaran is the ideal vessel to experience snorkelling and diving at the outer Great Barrier Reef! And, when not in the water, relax and enjoy the atmosphere onboard with air-conditioned comfort, spa, spacious decks, and dining and recreation areas. With the flexibility stay on the boat for up to 4 days, there is plenty of time to explore the reefs, and even the choice to experience the glass bottom boat with marine life commentary.
Overnight Reef Encounter Features:
- Overnight Twin /Double share Cabins with private bathrooms
- Onboard heated spa
- Onboard Chef preparing all meals
- Licensed onboard bar
- Hydraulic Dive/Snorkel platform
- Heli Pad
- Scuba Diving Demonstration and instruction
- Glass Bottom Boat and Marine commentary
- Marine Biologist presentation
- AU$15 fees per day (comprised of $4.50 EMC, $5.50 Cairns Port Authority + $5 fuel levy)
7.30am: Board the vessel and enjoy a breakfast with tea, coffee and fruits
9.45am: Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef and transfer over to Reef Encounter
10.30am: Snorkel, sunbake and relax with lunch served at 12pm.
12.45pm: Dive briefing for new passengers
1.30pm: Enjoy your first scuba dive or snorkel
2.45pm: Just back onboard and head over to your next site
3.30pm: Enjoy your second dive and snorkel
6.00pm: Dinner and Dessert served
7.00pm: Chance for a night scuba dive
Day of Departure
6.30am: Yet another scuba dive or snorkel opportunity
7.30am: Breakfast served
8.00am: Cruise to the next reef site
8.30am: Scuba dive and snorkelling session
10.30am: Scuba Dive session and last dive for departing passengers
12.00pm: lunch is served
1.30pm: Last Snorkel Session for Departing Passengers
2.30pm: Transfer to Reef Experience for Journey back to Cairns
BOOK WITH US TODAY CALL 1800 550 751!
What To Bring
- Overnight bag â€“ If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a â€œNo Shoeâ€ policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light long-sleeved pullover, cardigan should be taken.
- Dive medical if required
- Proof of certification if you are a certified scuba diver.
* Sleeping Bags are NOT permitted
* Reef Encounter has a fully licensed bar - NO BYO!
- Bath and Beach Towels,
- Snorkel Equipment and instruction (ex: wetsuit)
AU$15 fees per day (comprised of $4.50 EMC, $5.50 Cairns Port Authority + $5 fuel levy) payable onboard
- Wetsuit Hire $5.00 per day
- Guided Certified Dives $15.00 per Dive
- Scuba Diving on Snorkel Packages (intro Dive $70.00 1st Dive - Additional Dives $55.00
- Night Dive on Introductory/Resort Dive Packages $80.00
- Soft Drinks, snacks ect from the bar
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance. Refunds do not apply to hires cut short due to: Bad weather, Shortening of the rental period by the hirer - unless it can be re-hired for that same period, cars taken from the hirer due to misuse in contravention to Aussie Trax's or other authorised persons' directions.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for other tours please do not hesitate to ask