One of the most comfortable and popular catamarans in The Whitsunday Islands with loads of extra freebies!
Sleek, modern and fast, Powerplay has been designed for a younger crowd who don’t want to slum it. Like most other overnight charter trips, she does indeed visit Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet plus loads of snorkelling. Bonus extras such as stand up paddle boards, air conditioning, a heated spa at the front of the vessel, large trampoline nets to watch the sunset on, interior movie theatre, WiFi and an on-board iPad truly make the difference with this catamaran – do as much or as little as you like!
ADD TO YOUR POWERPLAY TRIP:
Powerplay departs from Abell Point Marina on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 12:00pm and returns on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Mondays at 11:00am. With all the mod-cons of the more upmarket catamarans such as air conditioning and a large fly bridge (complete with a tanning deck) on the second level, it’s a budget friendly choice for Generation Y travellers who aren’t eager to slum it or enough of a social butterfly for the party boats.
Inclusions on this vessel:
- All marine park fees and taxes
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All snorkelling equipment and wetsuits/stinger suits
- Assist the crew with navigation
- All bed linen
- Use of the heated spa
- Stand up paddle boards
- Aft blue lights – great at attracting and spotting marine life at night!
- WiFi and use of on-board iPad
- Air conditioning in all cabins
- Interior movie theatre and projector screen
- Share single bunk (dorm style in saloon area)
- Share double bunk (twin share, two share doubles per cabin)
- Private double cabin (twin share, one double bed)
- Quad share cabin (please request this at time of booking, sole use for four people, contains two double bunks in private cabin)
Powerplay is a rendezvous dive boat, which means that although there is no diving equipment on board the yacht – it does offer the chance for guests to try it as it does meet up with another vessel for guests who would like to give it a go. All scuba dives must be pre-booked prior to departure. All dives are subject to physical fitness and health, and certified scuba divers must bring their PADI or AUSI card with them. All tanks, weights and gear are included in the rate. Guests are permitted to do one dive per trip at $65.00 per person per dive.
Lunch: Chicken and vegetarian wraps along with crisps
Afternoon snacks: Assortment of biscuits with tea and coffee
Sunset snacks: A selection platter including various dips, carrot and celery sticks, cheese and crackers
Dinner: BBQ marinade chicken, tuna pasta salad, potato bake, fresh garden salad and garlic bread
Dessert: A medley of Brumby's fruit scrolls
Breakfast: Cereal, fruit salad, white and raisin toast, tea and coffee
Morning tea: Lamington cakes, coffee and tea
Lunch: Salad and meat platter including tomatoes, capsicum, red onion, beetroot, cucumber, sweet corn and lettuce served with bread rolls, champagne ham, tuna salad and chicken drumsticks
Afternoon Tea: Coffee, tea and biscuits
Sunset Snack: Nachos!
Dinner: BBQ marinade steaks and sausages, caramelized onions and carrots, warm bread rolls, Mediterranean pasta salad and Greek salad (olives, sundried, lettuce, cucumber, fetta)
Dessert: Chocolate mud cake
Breakfast: Cereal, fruit platter, English muffins, tea and coffee
Morning tea: Biscuits
Please note that there is also fresh fruit available to eat on board at all times!
Please also note that this is a sample of menu and is subject to change and/or amendments. If you have any special dietary requirements we can certainly accommodate this, but please let us know at the time of booking.
This trip is strictly 18-30s. As Powerplay is very water-orientated, you MUST be able to swim to board the boat, and for safety reasons, you must also be able to speak English.
If you do not fit these requirements, you may not be able to book this tour.
Does an adventure on Powerplay tickle your fancy? Check availability or the best rate for any specials contact us on 1800 550 751.
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, waterproof zip bag for electronics, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal), and one pair of shoes for bushwalking. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles please. Please note no large bags, bags with wheels or sleeping bags will be allowed on board.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Bath towel
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Use of SUP boards and kayaks
- All Marine Park fees
- BYO alcohol - no glass or red wine
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will need to tell the staff when you board the vessel.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations will incur a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 30 days of travel will result in a 100% cancellation fee. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.