Liked the look of the larger two night maxi yachts - but just don’t have the time?
Like many of her fellow retirees, Siska has had a colourful history in the racing world. Built on home soil in Perth, Siska is a two time Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race winner and has even hosted HRH Prince Charles during the Queen Victoria Cup. At 80ft, she is slightly smaller than the larger two night maxis but certainly still squeezes a lot into the two day/one night sailing adventures on offer.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Siska departs on odd days of the month (i.e 5th, 7th, 9th) at 8:30am (Day One) and returns at 4:00pm on even days of the month (Day Two). This two day/one night sailing adventure attracts people from all walks of life varying anything between 18 to 40 years old. We believe this is mostly due to the shorter trip!
As with most overnight sailing adventures, the trip itself has no set itinerary as it varies every week depending on tidal and wind conditions. As a guideline, generally expect two to four hours on Whitehaven Beach, a bushwalk to the lookout at Hill Inlet, and two to three snorkel sites at various reefs around The Whitsunday Islands.
Inclusions on this vessel:
- All marine park fees and taxes (no more to pay!)
- Hands on sailing with guest encouraged to assist the crew
- All meals on boar including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- All snorkelling equipment and wetsuits/stinger suits
- All linen, blankets and bath towels
- Share single bunks (dorm style)
- Share double bunks (dorm style)
- Please note that Siska doesn’t offer any private cabins. If you don’t mind sharing an open space and socialising with your fellow guests, then this is the boat for you. Very popular with solo travellers.
Siska is a rendezvous dive boat, which means that although there is no diving equipment on board the yacht – it does offer the chance for guests to try it as it does meet up with another vessel for guests who would like to give it a go. All scuba dives must be pre-booked prior to departure. All dives are subject to physical fitness and health, and certified scuba divers must bring their PADI or AUSI card with them. All tanks, weights and gear are included in the rate. Guests are permitted to do one dive per trip at $65.00 per person per dive.
Breakfast: Continental style
Morning Tea: Fruit cake, tea and coffee
Lunch: Quiches, breads, pasta and green tossed salads, served with fruit
Sunset Snacks: Nachos, cheese, dips and crackers
Dinner: Succulent chicken breast cooked on the BBQ, served with rice, salad and breads
Dessert: Fruit and custard
Please note this is a sample of menu and is subject to change and/or amendments. If you have any special dietary requests please let us know at the time of booking.
To enquire about departure days, availability or the best rate for any specials contact us on 1800 550 751.
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles, please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- All Marine Park Fees
- Wet weather jackets if needed
BYO alcohol (no glass). Soft drinks are available for purchase on board.
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
Terms and Conditions
*A $20 per night (per person) Public Holiday Surcharge is applicable to tours departing on the 24th, 25th and 26th of December 2019. New Years surcharges may also apply, please enquire at the time of booking.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. The Operator also reserves the right to alter the tour or the itinerary of any of its tours and organise alternative carriers to those advertised if necessary. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats' departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations made result in a 25% cancellation fee of the recommended retail price (RRP), not discounted or sale prices. Any cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.